As NORA identifies which research programs will proceed, you will find the Program Opportunity Notice for each listed here.
July 3, 2019
NORA PON No. 2019 seeks proposals to support the development,demonstration,and commercialization of Oilheat
technologies and systems in the following categories.
- Category A: Ability to go to 100% Low carbon liquid fuel (LCFW). Seeking fuels, components, and burners for NORA testing commercialization
- Category B: Biofuel blending, terminal storage, on-site storage & delivery
- Category C: Modeling and report demonstrating LCFW appliances are superior than electric heat pumps for residential applications
- Category D: Assessing the biofuel fuel supply and delivery infrastructure capabilities in 2030 and 2050
- Category E: Demonstrate and field test the integration of latest generation smart thermostats in boiler applications versus the demand, assuming B50 in 2030 and B100 in 2050
- Category F: Demonstrate and field test self-diagnostic burners and or appliances that provide trend analysis, component approaching failure and troubleshooting failure analysis.
- Category G: Develop an analytical economic optimization model and report covering the sizing and operation of adding a cold climate heat pump to a non-condensing boiler
- Category H: Develop advanced heating technologies including LCLF heat pumps focusing on efficiency and zero net carbon
- Category I: Develop off-grid or grid failure heating systems that can operate in absence of power using batteries, generators or other means
March 29, 2016
NORA PON No. 2016-001 seeks proposals to support the development,demonstration,and commercialization of Oilheat
technologies and systems in the following categories:
Category A: System Level Controls
Category B: New Appliances
Category C: Other New Ideas
Under PON No.2016-001, NORA plans to award multiple cost-shared contracts in Categories A through C up to a total of $350,000 for each award.
Due date: June 27, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time
NORA PON No. 2014-001 seeks proposals to support the development, demonstration, and commercialization of Oilheat technologies and systems in the following categories:
Category A: Fuel use/tracking
Category B: Combustion monitoring
Category C: Fuel Quality Assessment
Category D: B-100 burner
Category E: Remote Analysis Technologies
Category F: Atomization technology
Category G: Tankless Coil Boilers with High Annual Efficiency
Category H: Field Experience with High Biodiesel Blend Levels
Category I: Other New Ideas
Funding available: $2,000.000
Due date : December 12, 2014, 5PM EST
View entire PON here.
Click here to download PON 2014-001 attachment B in .xls format.