NORA has added two new online video courses at its education website, Learning.NORAweb.org.
The courses come to NORA through two of the leading manufacturers of heating System components; Taco, Cranston, RI and Honeywell, Golden Valley, MN.
- The Taco course is titled: How and Why to Use Outdoor Reset
- The Honeywell course is titled: Universal Oil Burner Primary Control R7284U
The courses each carry 2 continuing education credits (CEUs) that can be used for NORA Oilheat Technician Certification Program re-certification.
The National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA) has added four new online video courses to its online training center at Learning.NORAweb.org. Each course offers two continuing education units (CEU credits) that can be applied to renew or upgrade a NORA’s Oilheat Technician Certification.
The incoming Chairman of the National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA), Tom Santa, Santa Energy, Bridgeport, CT, spoke to the Metropolitan Energy Conference about “Heating Oil-The Renewable Industry” at the group’s luncheon on November 1 in Bridgeport, CT.
Santa began by stating the oilheating industry, responsible for keeping millions of Americans warm and safe each year, is entering a renaissance with a fuel that is cleaner, less expensive and more reliable than ever. Continue reading
The National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA) has released the new version of its Fuel Savings Analysis Calculator, which uses test data on oil-fired boilers to demonstrate the value of equipment upgrades with consumer-friendly metrics.
A varied assembly of 50 industry professionals met in Newport, RI to hear about the latest in oilheat technology advances. The workshop, hosted by the National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA) and crafted by NORA’s Director of Research, Dr. Thomas Butcher, featured 21 presenters covering topics under four major categories: Advanced Burner Concepts, Ultra Low Sulfur Heating Oil and Premium Fuels, Biofuels and Advanced Equipment. Continue reading
The National OIlheat Research Alliance has released it complete financial statements for the years 2014 and 2015. Click here.
The National Oilheat Research Alliance and two Oilheating associations recently celebrated the opening of a new research and training facility designed specifically for Oilheating fuels and renewabls, such as and Bioheat® fuel.
One of NORA’s most useful and helpful tools, the Fuel Savings Analysis Calculator is currently in the final stages of a major update. The new and improved FSA Calculator 2.0 will provide a number of never-before-seen features, as well as powerful and streamlined enhancements to the existing platform.
- Cloud Based. Can Be Accessed on any Internet Enabled Device
- Responsive Design Auto Scales to Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or Smart Phone
- Mobile Friendly Interface for Improved Use in the Field
- Users Set Up Individual Password-Protected Accounts
- Choose from Four Existing Equipment Presets and Six New Equipment Presets
- Users Can Modify and Save any Equipment Presets
- Simple Mode for Consumers and Laymen
- Advanced Mode for Skilled Technicians
- New Expanded Location/Temperature Data
- Consumers See Multiple Upgrade Options at 5, 15 & 20 Year ROI
- Results and Recommendations Can Be Saved and Shared
- Mobile Apps for iOS and Android Currently in Developmen